12 Oct Beyond the pandemic with B1-AKT
While many companies are past the initial emergency response, they now need to start looking ahead as well. Business requires a proactive and agile approach to business performance to address the immediate future beyond the pandemic and create a minimum viable & opportunity plan.
The following activities business leaders will need to start now:
- Start capturing lessons learned (As the business environment remains uncertain and volatile, we need to introduce short cycle reviews for these strategic learnings as different scenarios might occur)
- Develop medium-term scenarios (Start developing scenario’s that illustrate how the post-pandemic environment future may unfold. Inputs to this scenario activity include COVID-19 driven changes as entire industries are put on hold while others face a drop in demand, and the government introduces new legislation. Some of these changes might be more permanent while others are transient.
- Create minimum viable plans (Use both the lessons learned and built scenario’s to align on your “vision for success” for the medium term. We suggest that businesses create a dedicated PMO to facilitate this process).
- Create alignment (About the main challenges and opportunities the organisation will pursue in the next 12 months, what results are expected and the plan to achieve this).
- Reinforce your core competencies (The core competencies of your organisation enable you to deliver unique value to your customers and differentiate yourself from your competitors. In difficult times, organisations often accidentally cut out some of the skills, processes, technologies, values and assets that make up their core competencies, causing an entire competency to weaken or even disappear.)
- Assess how your companies strengths held up during the downturn. (If a critical component is missing or weakened, address that gap so you can again provide unique value to your customers).
Preparing for the recovery when you are stuck in a health crisis and facing harsh economic conditions might seem like a waste of resources.
You are concerned about cutting costs and streamlining, taking actions that will help you survive the crisis. But it is likely that, right now, your closest competitor is figuring out a way to surpass your services. Will you be ready?
Leave us a message if you want to find out more about how to achieve alignment & create a minimum viable plan for your business.
For Building a Business Continuity Plan during COVID please refer to: http://b1-akt.com/building-a-business-continuity-plan-during-covid
At B1-AKT we work with you to address your most critical business priorities and deliver enduring results.
We work with you to transform your organization, driving bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. We bring deep, functional expertise, but are known for our holistic perspective: we capture value across boundaries and between the silos of any organization. We have proven a multiplier effect from optimizing the sum of the parts, not just the individual pieces.
• Agile: Solve complex problems fast with small, cross-functional teams that use a structured, iterative approach to get results.
• Change Management: Predicting, measuring and managing risk associated with change management
• Organization: Ensuring the entire organization is aligned and set up to successfully deliver on the company’s objectives
• Strategy: Tailored solutions that deliver results and achieve sustained growth
• Sustainability: Identifying opportunities and developing business cases to make sustainability a source of on-going value.